Andrew D. Reder
Andrew D. Reder is Board Certified in Marital and Family Law by The Florida Bar. He is an experienced trial attorney who devotes 100% of his practice exclusively to marital and family law. Andrew has earned a Martindale-Hubbell, AV “Preeminent”® Peer Review Rating—the highest possible rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards. He has been named to the lists of Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars in Family Law and Lawyers of Distinction.
Andrew is a practical problem-solver skilled at creating common-sense solutions to complex problems. He regularly represents business owners, executives, lawyers, doctors, nurses, stay-at-home parents, and high-net-worth professionals in a wide range of family law proceedings throughout the State of Florida. His practice combines alternative dispute processes, such as mediation and collaborative divorce, with traditional litigation. Certainly, important benefits derive from private resolution, however, when court intervention is necessary, Andrew is an aggressive, dynamic, and effective trial lawyer.
Andrew gained substantial experience in the courtroom as a successful prosecutor for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida (Hillsborough County). As a prosecutor, Andrew successfully litigated numerous jury trials, non-jury trials, and motions, including prosecuting domestic violence offenses. Previously, Andrew served as a staff attorney in the Sixth Judicial Circuit (Pinellas and Pasco Counties) where he clerked for four circuit court judges and gained valuable insight into the judicial decision-making process.
Andrew prides himself on his work ethic, accessibility, and personalized legal services. He provides his cell phone number to all his clients. As your attorney and advocate, Andrew is almost always available and ready to provide sound legal counsel.
Andrew furthers his pursuit of excellence through active involvement in state and local professional legal organizations. Andrew is a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA), the Marital and Family Law Sections of the Florida Bar and the HCBA, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Tampa Lawyers Chapter of the Federalist Society, and the J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court. Andrew was elected by his peers to the Executive Council of the Marital and Family Law Section of the HCBA for the 2019-2022 term and elected as Secretary for the 2021-2022 term. Andrew was also elected to serve as Chair-Elect in 2022-2023 and as Chair of the Marital & Family Law Section in 2022-2024. Andrew was a member of the HCBA’s 2016-2017 Bar Leadership Institute Class.
Andrew earned his Juris Doctor with honors from Stetson University College of Law. During law school, Andrew served as a certified legal intern with the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office where he prosecuted both jury and non-jury trials under the direction of a supervising attorney. Andrew also interned for Judge Denise Pomponio of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit and later served as a federal judicial intern in the Middle District of Florida for United States Magistrate Judge Thomas Wilson. Andrew earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with honors from Auburn University.
Andrew and his family are proud natives of Tampa, Florida, with strong connections to the justice system and law enforcement. He lives in Tampa with his wife, Jessica, and their young children. Andrew has volunteered with various legal organizations including the Office of the County Attorney for Hillsborough County, the Sixth Judicial Circuit Teen Court, and he received the Longevity Award for his three years of volunteer service with Hillsborough County’s Teen Court. Andrew is a member of the Greater Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, he participated in the Chamber’s Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay leadership program. He continues to serve the Tampa Bay community through various legal and charitable endeavors.
- Sessums Black P.A., Attorney, Tampa, 2015-present
- Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office, Assistant State Attorney, Tampa, 2014-2015
- Sixth Judicial Circuit, Staff Attorney, New Port Richey,2013-2014
- Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office, Certified Legal Intern, Tampa, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member 2013-present
- Secretary, Marital & Family Law Section, 2021-2022
- Executive Council, Marital & Family Law Section, 2019-present
- Executive Board, Trial & Litigation Section, 2019-present
- Member, Leadership Institute Class, 2015-2016
- Member, Family Law Division, 2015-present
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, 2013-present
The Florida Bar, Member 2013-present
- Member, Family Law Section, 2015-present
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, 2013-present
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member 2018-present
J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court, Member 2019-present
Stann Givens Family Law Inn of Court
- Member, 2017-2019
Presentations & Published Works:
- Third Party Considerations in Contempt & Enforcement Proceedings, 34 Fla. B. Fam. L. Commentator 2 (Winter 2020)
- Domestic Violence & Divorce, HalfMoon Education, Florida Family Law & Ethics for Paralegals Seminar, March 2020
- Speaker, Advantages and Disadvantages of Collaborative Divorce Versus Traditional Litigation, Rotary Club of Sun City Center, December 2019
- Co-Author with Alexander Caballero, Esq. and Richard Mockler, Esq.: Advanced Strategies & Procedures for Litigating Claims for Attorneys’ Fees and Costs, Hillsborough County Bar Association, October 2019
- Co-Author with Alexander Caballero, Esq.: Complex Issues in Equitable Distribution (Stock Options, Restricted Shares, and Other Employee Benefits; Business Valuations in Equitable Distribution), Hillsborough County Bar Association, February 2016
- Co-Author with Alexander Caballero, Esq.: Parenting Plans: The Basics and Fundamentals in Creating, Modifying, and Enforcing, Florida Judicial College, May 2016
- Greater Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce, Member 2017-present
- Member, Emerging Leaders of Tampa Bay, 2018
- The Federalist Society, Tampa Bay Lawyers Chapter, Member 2019-present
- Tiger Bay Club of Tampa, Member 2015-present
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Teen Court, Attorney Volunteer, 2013-2014
- Office of the County Attorney for Hillsborough County, Volunteer, 2011
- Hillsborough County Teen Court, Volunteer, 2001-2006
- Longevity Award for 3 years of service
Honors and Awards:
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Marital and Family Law, 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV “Preeminent”® Peer Review Rating, 2021 – 2022
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, Family Law, 2020 – 2022
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2019 – 2020
- Stetson University College of Law – Leadership Development Certificate
- Stetson University College of Law – Jack M. Eckerd Scholarship Recipient
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL, December 2012, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, Graduated cum laude
- Auburn University, Auburn, AL, December 2008, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Graduated cum laude
- Florida, 2013