JENNIFER A. FICARROTTA
Jennifer A. Ficarrotta is Board Certified in Marital and Family Law by The Florida Bar. She listed in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, has been repeatedly recognized in the Florida Super Lawyers publication, and is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell.
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ serve as objective indicators that lawyers have demonstrated ethical standards and professional ability. This honor is a reflection of an attorney’s skill, experience, integrity, and overall professional excellence. By earning an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale Hubbell, an attorney is part of a select group of Tampa area lawyers recognized for their legal abilities and professional ethical standards.
Jennifer devotes 100% of her practice to marital and family law.
Since earning her Juris Doctor degree in 2002 from Stetson University College of Law summa cum laude (class rank #1) with a Certificate of Concentration in Advocacy, Jennifer has held numerous positions, including leadership positions, in various local legal organizations.
In her pursuit of legal excellence, Jennifer has served on, and chaired, a Florida Bar Grievance Committee in the Sixth and Thirteenth Judicial Circuits and has taught numerous legal skills and family law related courses at Stetson University College of Law as an adjunct professor. In 2013, Jennifer was selected by the then-Florida Bar President to participate as a Fellow in the inaugural William Reese Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy.
In Pinellas County, Jennifer is a dedicated member of the Clearwater Bar Association (CBA). She served a three year term as secretary of the CBA Board of Directors. In addition to serving as chair of the Professionalism Symposium on behalf of the CBA for two years, Jennifer has chaired the CBA Oyster Roast Committee and the Continuing Legal Education Committee. In 2011, Chief Judge J. Thomas McGrady appointed Jennifer to the Pinellas County Law Library Board of Directors on which she continues to serve.
In Hillsborough County, Jennifer is a committed member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA) and the Family Law Section of the HCBA where she has presented a program to the Section on ethics and professionalism.
While an accomplished litigator, Jennifer is also trained in Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law and is now an active member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Tampa Bay Collaborative Divorce Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member 2002 to present
- Family Law Section, Member
Florida Bar, Member 2002 to present
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Fellow, 2012-present
- Florida Bar Marital & Family Law Certification Committee, Chair, 2020; Member, 2019-present
- Special Committee for the Review of Professionalism in Florida, Member
- Family Law Section, Member
Sixth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Member 2009 to 2011
- Chair, 2009-2011
Canakaris Inn of Court, Member 2010-present
- Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Barrister, 2010-present
Association of Interdisciplinary Family Law Professionals of the Sixth Judicial Circuit, Member 2012 to present
Pinellas County Law Library, Member 2011 to present
- Board of Directors, Member, 2011-present
Tampa Bay Collaborative Divorce Group, Member 2012 to present
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member 2012 to present
National Association of Professional Women, Member 2012 to present
Effective Preparation of Financial Affidavits in Florida Family Law Cases, Strategies for Family Law in Florida 137 (Aspatore 2015)
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- America Registry America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1% (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- American Registry Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- Board Certified Marital & Famly Lawyer, The Florida Bar, 2015 to present
- Florida Super Lawyers (2013 to present)
- Florida Trend Florida’s Elite Up & Comers Under 40 (2007, 2012, 2013, and 2016)
- Martindale Hubbell Top Rated Lawyers (2015)
- Martindale Hubbell Top Rated Lawyers in Litigation (2015)
- Martindale Hubbell Top Rated Family Lawyer (2015)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best in Client Satisfaction (2015)
- Martindale Hubbell Top Rated Lawyers (2014)
- American Registry Top Attorney in Florida (2013 and 2014)
- American Registry Top Attorney in Tampa Bay (2014)
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star (2009, 2011, and 2012)
- American Registry Top Attorneys Florida’s Outstanding Young Lawyers (2012)
- Florida Trend Florida’s State Legal Leaders as selected by peer recognition (2012)
- Florida Trend Florida’s Legal Elite (2012 and 2008)
- American Registry America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 5% (2011)
- Clearwater Bar President’s Award, 2010-2011
- Clearwater Bar President’s Award, 2009-2010
- King/O’Neal Scholar Award
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- All-American Scholar recognition
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, summa cum laude, Class Rank 1, 2002
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, B.A., summa cum laude, Class Rank 1, 1999
- Florida, 2002 – Present
- Federal District Court for the Middle, Southern and Northern Districts 11th Circuit Court of Appeal