Samantha Koko “Sam” is an experienced attorney who previously was an associate attorney for the Marshall Law Office in Naples, Florida, and was an Assistant Public Defender for the 20th Judicial Circuit. She devotes 100% of her practice exclusively to marital and family law.
Samantha represents high-net-worth clients in complex family matters including dissolutions of marriage, paternity actions and post-judgment contempt and enforcement proceedings. She is experienced at handling premarital and post-marital agreements, marital settlement agreements, stipulations, parenting plans, and child support guideline worksheets. Sam drafts and manages discovery requests and demands, production of documents and subpoenas and participates in settlement negotiations and mediations. She is experienced at conducting depositions and preparing witnesses for trial.
Samantha moved to the Tampa Bay area in January 2020 from her hometown of Naples, where she has been practicing law since she was admitted to The Florida Bar in 2012. Sam previously was an associate attorney for the Marshall Law Office and was an Assistant Public Defender for the 20th Judicial Circuit. She earned her J.D. degree from NSU Shepard Broad College of Law and her B.A. degree in creative writing from Florida State University. In Naples, she was active in the Collier County Bar Association and the Collier County Women’s Bar Association and volunteered for Legal Aid. She is a new member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association and plans to be involved locally in more organizations.
- Sessums Black, PA, Tampa, Florida, 2020-present
- Marshall Law Office, Naples, Florida, 2017-2020
- ALA Services, LLC, Naples, Florida, 2015-2017
- The Law Office of Michelle Hill, Naples, Florida, 2013-2015
- The Office of the Public Defender, 20th Judicial Circuit, Naples, Florida, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Florida Bar, 2012-present
- Family Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, 2020-present
- The Michael R.N. McDonnell American Inn of Court, 2013-2014; 2016-2018
- Collier County Women’s Bar Association, 2018-2020
- Collier County Bar Association, 2013-2020
- Sunrise Community Inc., Board Member, 2016-2017
Honors & Awards:
- Legal Aid Service of Collier County Attorney of the Month, November 2019
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center Juris Doctor Degree (May 2012)
- The Florida State University Bachelor of Arts Degree (May 2009)
- The Florida Bar, 2012