BRIAN J. HART
Areas Of Practice – 100% of Practice Devoted to Family Law
Phone: (813) 251-9200 Ext. 116
Brian J. Hart is an experienced litigation and trial attorney who devotes 100% of his practice exclusively to marital and family law.
Brian previously served as an Assistant State Attorney in the Twentieth Judicial Circuit where he litigated numerous jury and non-jury trials. Brian has worked with several Florida law firms handling complex cases spanning multiple practice areas including family law, civil litigation, professional liability, mortgage foreclosures, and collections. His background also includes state and federal arbitration and mediation, electronics and machinery maintenance and engineering, and extensive pro bono legal service.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Cincinnati and a Juris Doctor degree from Florida Coastal School of Law. In law school, Brian served on the Moot Court Honor Board, as Executive Director of the Pro Bono Program, and as President of the Military Law Society. He is licensed by The Florida Bar and admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Brian proudly served eight years in the United States Army including multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Brian earned a Bronze Star for his service in Iraq from November 2004–November 2005.
- Sessums Black P.A., Attorney
- Winthrop Law Offices, P.A., Associate Attorney
- Kass Shuler, P.A., Tampa, Litigation Attorney
- Boyd Richards Parker & Colonnelli, P.L., Associate Attorney
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, Staff Attorney
- Office of the State Attorney, Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney
- Veterans Legal Collaborative, Florida Coastal School of Law, Coordinator
- Holland & Knight, LLP, Pro Bono Intern
- Huhtamaki, Batavia, Ohio, Maintenance Technician, August 2013–August 2014
- Domino Amjet, Cincinnati, Ohio, Customer Service Engineer, November 2012–August 2013
- Cincinnati Milacron, Batavia, Ohio, Field Service Engineer, November 2011–November 2012
- Psion Teklogix, Hebron, Kentucky, Electronics Technician, December 2008–February 2010
- Med-Eng Systems Inc., Iraq, USMC Chameleon Project–Lead Field Service Representative, June 2007–June 2008
- General Dynamics Land Systems Division, Iraq, USMC Chameleon Project–Field Service Representative, May 2006–January 2007
- United States Army, Fort Bragg, NC, Iraq, Afghanistan, Transmission System Section Sergeant/Team Chief, August 1998–February 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- Family Law Section
Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida, Juris Doctor Degree, 2017
Moot Court Honor Board; Executive Director, Pro Bono Program; President, Military Law Society
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, 2014
- Florida, 2018
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2020